10.17.2008

Taos Wool Festival


Taos Wool Festival 1008, originally uploaded by Knitterista.

We had a ball (or skein I should say) at the Taos Wool Festival during our family trip to Santa Fe. It just happened to be at the same time...just my luck. Thanks to Amy for pointing out the dates. I'm so glad we got to go...I owe JD for him tagging along.

Flynn enjoyed seeing the llamas, sheep and rabbits. I picked up a bit of yarn...didn't overdo it like I could have so easily done. I got some wool for a special project, some that was just plain gorgeous (see in Flynn's grubby little hands..I'm sure they were filthy by that point) and some peaches and cream color that was to die for.

I swear, if you are even thinking about spinning...don't go to a wool festival. It will make you want to pick that up as a project too, cause the have workshops and wool galore to purchase. That's the next thing I want to learn to do...someday...someday. I certainly don't need one more thing to take-up in my life. It was really inspirational being there and getting to be around so many other textile people. I loved it!

No comments: